Table of Contents Hide
Blocking adult websites on your phone permanently typically involves using a combination of settings and tools, as mentioned earlier. Here’s a more detailed step-by-step guide:
Use Built-in Parental Controls:
- Android: On Android devices, you can set up parental controls through Google Family Link or device-specific parental control settings. Here’s how to do it with Google Family Link:
- Download and install the Google Family Link app on both your device and your child’s device (if applicable).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up parental controls for web filtering.
- iOS (iPhone/iPad): For Apple devices, use Screen Time:
- Go to “Settings” on your device.
- Scroll down and tap on “Screen Time.”
- Tap “Content & Privacy Restrictions” and enable them.
- Under “Content Restrictions,” select “Web Content” and set it to “Limit Adult Websites.”
Use Third-party Parental Control Apps:
Consider installing a reputable third-party parental control app that offers website filtering and monitoring features. Apps like Norton Family, Qustodio, or Net Nanny can help you block adult content effectively.
Configure Safe Search:
Enable safe search settings on popular search engines like Google. This can help filter explicit content from search results. Here’s how to do it for Google:
- Go to the Google app or website settings.
- Find the “Search settings” or “Search preferences.”
- Enable “SafeSearch” or a similar feature.
Router Level Blocking:
Configure your Wi-Fi router to block adult websites. This will affect all devices connected to your network. Access your router’s settings by entering its IP address in a web browser, and look for options related to website filtering or content blocking.
Consider using DNS filtering services like OpenDNS or CleanBrowsing. Change your device’s DNS settings to use these services, which will block access to adult content websites. You’ll need to follow instructions specific to your device and operating system for changing DNS settings.
Install browser extensions that block adult content for the web browser you use. These extensions can provide an additional layer of protection. Search for suitable extensions in your browser’s extension store.
Set strong and unique passwords for any settings or apps that control access to website blocking. Ensure that only trusted individuals know these passwords to prevent unauthorized changes.
Apps Blocking For Adult Sites
Blocking pornographic content on your device can be achieved through a combination of methods, including parental control apps, website filters, and DNS settings. Here is a list of some popular tools and apps that can help block pornographic content on various platforms:
1. Canopy: As mentioned earlier, Canopy is a parental control app designed to block inappropriate content and provide screen time management. It works on Android, iOS, Apple computers, and Windows devices.
2. Norton Family Parental Control: Norton offers a comprehensive parental control solution that includes website blocking and content filtering. It’s available for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
3. Qustodio: Qustodio is a popular parental control app that offers website and app blocking, screen time management, and social media monitoring. It supports Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
4. Family Link (by Google): Family Link is Google’s parental control solution, which allows you to set content filtering and screen time limits on Android devices.
5. Net Nanny: Net Nanny is a well-known parental control software that offers web filtering, app blocking, and time management features. It works on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
6. Kaspersky Safe Kids: Kaspersky Safe Kids provides parental control features such as website blocking, app usage monitoring, and screen time management for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
7. CleanBrowsing: CleanBrowsing is a DNS filtering service that allows you to block adult content at the DNS level. It can be configured on routers or individual devices.
8. OpenDNS Family Shield: OpenDNS provides a free DNS service called Family Shield, which blocks access to adult content. You can configure it on your router or device.
9. Pi-hole: Pi-hole is an open-source network-level ad and content blocker that can be set up on a Raspberry Pi or a compatible device. It allows you to block adult content and ads for all devices on your network.
10. Covenant Eyes: Covenant Eyes is a monitoring and filtering service designed to help individuals overcome pornography addiction. It’s available for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
Canopy is a parental control and content filtering app designed to help families create a safer and more controlled digital environment, particularly for children. It offers a range of features aimed at protecting children from inappropriate online content and managing their screen time. Some of the key features of Canopy include website and app blocking, smart filtering, custom URL and category blocking, sexting prevention, scheduled screen time and downtime, location alerts, and cross-device compatibility.
Canopy is available for a variety of devices and platforms, including Android, iOS, Apple computers, and Windows computers. It provides a 7-day free trial period for users to explore its features, and after that, it offers different subscription plans to protect multiple devices, with various pricing options.
When considering Canopy or any parental control app, it’s essential to choose the one that best suits your family’s needs and preferences. These apps can help parents maintain a safer online environment for their children, but open communication and education about responsible internet usage should also be a part of any digital safety strategy.
ALSO READ: Turn Walmart Gift Card into Cash App